Search This Blog

Saturday, March 21, 2015

Twittertainment vs Reality, the true trolls of Twitter


Before you begin reading this post, read the following;

https://www.sec.gov/litigation/litreleases/2009/lr21053.htm

Nathan Michaud @investorslive investigated by the SEC for penny stock manipulation. investorsunderground.com investors underground investorslive nathanmichaud.com

https://www.goodetrades.com/2012/01/penny-stock-trader-nate-michaud-settles-with-sec-in-pump-dump-case/

" I do believe that he is guilty of impropriety in the case he settled with the SEC" - Michael Goode @goodetrades 

http://lasvegassun.com/news/2009/may/21/sec-las-vegas-companys-stock-manipulated-profits/

"Nathan M. Michaud of Boston, said to be a web site designer."




My use of Twitter is a combination of 99% business and 1% entertainment . I created the @jcspe85 Twitter account to detail my daily trading thoughts and activities.  My trades are not to be taken as recommendations.  However, my trade selection and my trading process are meant to show how someone with >30 years of trading experience, most as a professional trader with FINRA licenses, goes about the daily business of trading stocks, options and futures.



My twitter feeds and this blog are 100% FREE.  I don't get compensated by Google Ad Sense for this blog, so I don't receive advertising money.  I recommend books but I have no links to Amazon, so no money from referrals.

In the trading world, worthwhile help is unheard of... especially if it is free.  I am thankful for some of the information provided by people in the Twitter trader community.  Much of my research time is shortened because I find my answers on Twitter.  My trading business requires at least 10 hours a day to do properly.  So, during most days, I don't have time to respond to questions right away.  And I am limited to how I much I can answer via Twitter's direct messaging system.  Recently I have taken about an hour each day to respond to DM questions during After Hours, a total of 20-25 hours per month.  Many people have asked me to be their trading mentor but I simply cannot do it at the moment because of time constraints.  Just like any other trader, I need down time to relax, exercise and refocus, not to mention to have a personal life.  I love trading but trading can become a disaster if you allow it to consume your life.

I am a proponent of paid trading services such as chat rooms, courses and coaching sessions.  Its far better and cheaper to learn from experienced traders than to lose money making your own mistakes.  I was lucky to have a professional trading career to pay for some of my education.  I have used paid subscription services in the past. But mostly, my learning came from books and on-the-job training.

As noted in a prior blog post, I have intentions of providing paid services, one day.



This leads me to the reason I am composing this blog today, Twittertainment vs Reality.   I enjoy the entertainment of jokes and photos and what not from other Twitter folks.  It breaks up the monotony during the down time of the day. My tweets are about actionable trades.  So I leave the Twittertainment to others.

The reality of Twitter is that the more famous you become, the more the trolls come after you.  Accordingly, I have had to post a Twitter policy to let followers know my zero tolerance policy of trolling.  I have and will curtail all trolling activity towards me by an immediate block.  Its not a reflection of who I am BUT I cannot allow the shenanigans of haters to affect my mood, and even more so, my trading performance.  Its hard to distinguish the haters from the good people sometimes.  So if I accidentally blocked you, then email me or comment on this post for an unblock.

If you have been following my Twitter feed this week, you may have noticed that several ex-followers(I blocked all I could find) on Twitter, many associated with Investors Underground chat, have decided to slander and ridicule me on Twitter, beyond normal jokes or occasional sarcasm.  For the most part I have ignored unruly and childish people.  Its not my nature to reply to haters, but some of these individuals I have helped numerous times with trading questions, especially @Modern_Rock, the biggest cheerleader of Investors Underground chat.  I don't know MR's real name and we have never met in person.

At 1:17 a.m. Thursday morning I created a new blog post, 10 Strict Guidelines For Traders, while trading futures.  Realize I was doing something to help traders who read my blog AFTER midnight.  I edited the content of a trading related article I read on the internet.  I customized the content to reflect my interpretation of day trading.  Most of the information on the article was spot on, but I added the most important concept in guideline no. 10.  Also, I removed numerous, impertinent sentences and paragraphs.  All in all, less than half of the article was used.  I released it to the public without proofreading in entirety.  I always re-edit blogs after I post anyway and had intended to look over it the next chance I got.  It was late, I set my stops on my futures trades and went to sleep at 1:20 a.m.

Later, Thursday morning, about 1-hour prior to market open, @Nikkorico_ of IU chat tweeted to me about not posting the editorial credit for the article.  It took me less than a minute to update with a credit reference to my blog post.  I had previously referenced material on this blog before. My blog posts are not being quoted, nor published for profit, nor used to attract paying subscribers.  Why should this be of any concern, regarding a free blog post, for anyone to alert me via Twitter?  But then several other, new IU chat members replied to @Nikkorico_ 's tweet.  For the most part I thought these actions were odd.  Why didn't @Nikkorico_ email me or just comment on my blog?  I have never conversed with @Nikkorico_ before.  He could have used the email contact for this blog or have commented at the bottom of the post.  Minutes later @InvestorsLive joined the conversation.  I have never met anyone in person from IU chat, nor do I know @InvestorsLive, Nathan Michaud, founder of IU chat.  Nathan had tweeted me once before, but he doesn't follow me.  I received over 10 tweets in a span of 30 minutes before the market open.  Incidentally, their troll tweets were deleted in order to hide the evidence.

The trolling attack continued throughout the day.  A few trolls I had blocked from the past also joined in.  I blocked more than 30 people that day.

The following day, Friday, more trolls, including @michiganwar @PsychoOnWallST @parabol128 @swedepilot, decided to pick on my Twitter-related Instagram account. I created @jcspe85 in February 2015 to generate awareness of my Twitter account and blog. More IU chat members and @Nikkorico_ and @Modern_Rock re-tweeted the same tweets.  @jcspe85 is/was not my personal Instagram account.  How do photos of what I drive, what I eat, where I travel to, lend credibility to my trading aptitude?  Trading profits have rewarded me well.  I deleted the Instagram account and blocked more trolls.

It is obvious certain IU members felt threatened by my growing popularity on Twitter.  Perhaps now my popularity is at a point where Nathan Michaud felt I would encroach on his subscription service.  I don't charge a cent and I provide actionable and helpful content on Twitter.  I must be considered to be a business threat by Nathan Michaud.

Nathan Michaud is a hypocrite.

In summary, I want everyone to be aware of this unscrupulous activity.  The lies and exaggerations that were made to discredit me failed.  But if it does get worse, I will contact my attorney in regards to a defamation lawsuit.  For the record, I have saved their deleted tweets via Tweetcaster, an app on my phone.

Below are the related tweets from the same people who call out other trolls on Twitter.




*****************************************
@InvestorsLive and @modern_rock joined in.  On a trading day at the busiest time, at the open, both tweeted simultaneously for 30 minutes straight.  Afterwards, both deleted their tweets to hide their accountability.


Here is the first tweet ever from @InvestorsLive to me concerning his opinion about me.  @Str8yaknees was someone I blocked on Feb 5th.


I attempted to defuse the situation. 


This was Nathan's final tweet.  He blocked me but I never followed him. How does a tweet responding to @Nikkorico_ count as "lost all respect"?  Go figure.

With the incriminating judgement from the SEC, is Nathan Michaud in the position to make any character judgement calls? 

*******************************************

Does MR consider himself to be the judge on the Twitter trader court?  LOL  And if you block MR, he will assume the worst.  Does he want to be the Big Man On Campus among IU traders?  He is more like the Court Jester of Jokes and Trolls.

I wrote a joke  tweet with LOL and later MR misleadingly interpreted it as a comparison.




Later in the evening 8:55 PM MR tweeted another false accusation.  He used the words "scandal" "caught" "trying to pass" "plagiarism".   I had held off blocking him until this point.



Again, MR asked for screenshots when I have tweeted and blogged that I don't post screenshots.  MR again deleted his tweets afterwards.





When IU chat members troll together...


I have screenshots of other IU chat members' tweets who have praised my trading ability, even #FF, before this occurred.  Some IU chat members are unlike this.  I have helped all who have asked.

The important lesson here is BEWARE of @Nikkorico_ @InvestorsLive @Modern_Rock @michiganwar @PsychoOnWallST @parabol128 @swedepilot Investors Underground chat members.  

Respectfully,

1 Trader

© 1 Trader and jcspe85.blog.com, 2015. 










9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have NEVER seen you brag about pnl. I have watched your trades. Some you have been spot on and i have seen you be wrong on a trade or two. FXCM comes to mind for being wrong. But we are all wrong in trading. Being wrong is ok and that is why i think you are legit. Most of the phonies out there ALWAYS win and ALWAYS post that they make $10K a day.

Anonymous said...

Everyone probably knows that screenshots actually prove nothing and can be easily faked. Moreover really big gains resulted from several weeks of holding a winning position usually can't be adequatedly screenshotted at all !

The whole appeal of screenshots is being unscrupulously promoted by some well known brokers so that newbies can make more trades and generate more in commissions finally becoming hooked on intraday trading (useless gambling)

Anonymous said...

One thing Michaud and Putin share: pay for the Internet trolls. Destroy opposition. GL

Anonymous said...

I personally see a bigger picture - all you do is help new traders FOR FREE (the fact is you blog & your haters don't) As said by Earl Nightingale "Our rewards in life will be in exact proportion to our contribution in service". I believe you will be rewarded for all good things you're doing.
Thank you!

Anonymous said...

After studying 1 Trader for many months in 2014 I decided to contact him to advise me on my portfolio matters. His tweeted trade win percentage were impressive enough for me to transfer funds from my managed trust account to trade personally. He is truly unique and probably one of the best financial minds I have worked with over the past 40 years.

Congratulations on your success. I will be a lifetime client and friend.

@J_Remington

a m s said...

MR can't help himself, nothing personal. They're fixated on screenshots for good reason, but you're just not really on their level. When you noted passing 7 figures in mid January I realized "different level, just appreciate what you get from this guy." It would seem that lesson was lost on them.
-provotrout

Unknown said...

Wow, I had no idea. I have nothing but the utmost respect what you do for traders like myself and all the help and information that you provide.

@reallmoney

Thomas V said...

Certainly you have helped me with your blog. Reading your Twitter trades has/is an education in itself. Thanks for pointing out the deception... such frauds on Twitter.

Anonymous said...

I am glad I read this about Nathan Michaud. Thanks for your honesty. I will never consider subscribing to IU chat.